- Apparently, I share my birthday with the inventor of instant-noodles, Momofuku Ando. So says today's Google Doodle, the teeny one in the corner of my Google search page. My college daughter, a student of Japanese language and culture and a lover of ramen, should be tickled by this coincidence. When I type in "Google.com", I am welcomed by their "Happy Birthday" Doodle for me instead.
- I have to admit that I'm a little bit excited about the aforementioned trivia. Until now, I thought the only major event that happened on this day was the Boston Massacre. Not such a great thing, having one's birthday associated with the death of Crispus Attucks, "the first casualty of the American Revolution" according to biography.com .
- After reviewing the week's weather forecast last weekend, I jokingly asked my administrators for a late start for my birthday. The district gave us an "ice day" today, instead. Just to be clear, I did NOT ask for a bad weather day, so don't blame me when we have to make up this day later in the school year.
- A downside to an ice day on my birthday is that I can't wear my traditional mini tiara hair comb to school. I so enjoy wearing it on my birthday. It's so me--celebratory, but understated--and the kids get a kick out of it. I think it's important for them to see adults celebrating birthdays in our "advanced years".
- I have worked on three campuses in this district. At my first and current campuses, I had/have a birthday twin. Happy birthday, Jo and Hillary! Too bad there's black ice on the roads and we can't meet up for a Piscean get-together today; I'd love for you two to meet.
- My son gets to go to Disneyland with 299 friends on my birthday. Now how fair is that? Wait, that means hubby and I get a sneak peek at empty nesting for four-and-a-half days. Never mind, it's plenty fair. Bless those band chaperones!
Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!!!