Monday, May 17, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Back in April, I wrote about my bedtime reading of The Arctic Fury by Greer Macallister.  Well, I just finished the final twenty pages of this three hundred ninety-six page adventure.  I had been tackling two short chapters a night, and realized I just couldn't make it to the end before I needed to go to sleep yesterday--and so I replaced my morning nonfiction reading with this story's satisfying ending.

Why am I writing about my experience with this book again?  Because it reminds me of a post recently written and shared by author Jarrett Lerner:
While I can say that I read every day (I always count environmental reading--blog posts, emails, cooking directions), I can see myself in all the other statements.  I am a slow reader, most of the time.  There are popular books I have not read, and may never choose to read.  And book-jumper that I am, I have started far more books than I've finished, though I am constantly going back to complete at least one a month.

It's Monday, and I finally finished a book I started over a month ago!  What long story are you working on reading these days?  Do you think you'll finish or abandon it?  Either way--you are still a reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment