Monday, May 3, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's May, which means I needed to do my now thrice-a-year meal planning!  Now that we are practically empty nesters, we only cook two or three times a week.  My meal planning involves pulling out some of my cookbooks, finding favorite recipes that I've marked and new ones to try.  This means lots and lots of procedural reading as I look at ingredients, how much time it takes to cook the meal, and notes that I've written alongside recipes I've already attempted.
I am also still working on The Arctic Fury by Greer Macallister at bedtime and The Enchanted Hour: The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud in the Age of Distraction by Meghan Cox Gurdon in the morning, a few pages each day.  

It's Monday, and I read procedural text over the weekend, while I'm reading a historical fiction novel and nonfiction at different times each day.  Do you read one book at a time, or more than one?  If so, are they the same genre, or different?

No comments:

Post a Comment