Monday, January 25, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Family is on my mind these days as I shopped for Valentine's Day cards and got my first round of the COVID vaccine.  This book has been sitting on my to-read pile for a few months:

The Remember Balloons by Jessie Oliveros, illustrated by Dana Wulfekotte is a simple, caring story that can help children understand the changes in memory that may happen to aging family members.  The visual metaphor of our memories stored in balloons, sometimes getting stuck and slowly floating away until none are left to hold, can help buffer the sadness of experiencing a loved one's forgetting. But there is a sense of hopefulness, too, as the balloons are passed from one generation to the next--a gentle argument for oral history, that telling of family stories whenever and wherever we gather together.

It's Monday, and I'm reading a beautiful picture book from my to-read pile.  What books do you have at hand right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment