Monday, January 17, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I am still making my way through Amari and the Night Brothers this week.  It really is a fun mashup of Harry Potter, "Men in Black", and a touch of Artemis Fowl.  There's a secret school, secret agents, and a magical, supernatural secret problem to be solved. Amari is one tough cookie, though; something tells me she can get the job done.  I'm hoping to dedicate some more serious reading time to finish this book this week. 

On this Martin Luther King Day, I want to emphasize that the libraries in our district strive to be a safe space for all members of our learning community. That's one of the reasons I am reading Mindful School Libraries: Creating and Sustaining Nurturing Spaces and Programs on Fridays before work.  We are also diligently working to be sure our collections accurately reflect our readers and meet their needs and interests while we support our aligned curriculum.

It's Monday, and I'm still reading a few books at a time.  Are you a slow or fast reader?  Does it depend on what you are reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment