Monday, October 18, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I didn't read as much as I thought I would this weekend; we were on a road trip, and I enjoyed the scenery along the way.  Here's what I'll be reading this week:

Kidlit--I am still working on The Elephant's Girl, and hope to finish it soon so my eager Bluebonnet nominee readers can get their turn.  My read-aloud for ALL K-5 classes this week will be my favorite Halloween book, Halloween Pie by Michael O. Tunnell.  

Personal growth--my Monday morning reading for the past eleven weeks has been 180 Days of Self-Care for Busy Educators by Tina Boogren.  Still plugging along with her suggestions and tweaking my routines and plans to make this a successful, fulfilling school year.

Professional growth--I am still reading Fact Vs. Fiction: Teaching Critical Thinking Skills in the Age of Fake News by Jennifer LaGarde and Darren Hudgins during independent reading time in the library, and have added Mindful School Libraries: Creating and Sustaining Nurturing Spaces and Programs by Wendy Stephens as my Friday morning reading at home.

I will be working on these books, but my main reading material this week will be BLOGS.  I am WAY behind on reading posts written by fellow educators in two different writing circles, so I will spend quite a bit of time reading and commenting online.  I am also working on the Reading Academy modules from the Texas Education Agency--and that is a LOT of online reading.

It's Monday, and I am making slow but steady progress in my books and computer reading.  What will you be reading this week?  Whatever it is, be sure to take some breaks and enjoy the beautiful fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment