Monday, October 11, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I started a new book last night, one of the Bluebonnet Award Nominees:   The Elephant's Girl by Celesta Rimington.
I didn't read the blurb before beginning the story, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I was pleasantly surprised to jump into a mystery with a touch of the supernatural, including a ghost--perfect for October reading!  This isn't really a ghost story, though; it's more about the relationship between people and animals, and how those relationships can save both spirit and body for us bipeds.

My personal growth reading continues with 180 Days of Self-Care for Busy Educators by Tina H. Boogren; hard to believe we are through the first quarter of the year already!  I read the next weekly suggestions each Monday morning, making the topic my focus by writing reminders in my planner, and answer her review questions at the end of the week.

Last week, I was able to get quite a bit of professional reading done during our checkout times with classes.  I think it's important for our scholars to see their librarian reading!  We even talked a bit about the topic--discerning fact from fiction.

It's Monday, and I'm juggling multiple books for pleasure, personal, and professional reading.  What are you reading about this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment