Monday, November 9, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 Last night, I started reading Jason Reynolds' Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks.

I'm only a few pages in, and I like the dialogue between best friends TJ and Jasmine.  They've been friends for six years, have their own special traditions and know just when to listen and just when to speak up.  They show concern for one another through acts of kindness that are no big deal to them, like swapping backpacks when Jasmine's is too heavy.  

I like the way the story is set up, too--block by block.  It lends itself to a classroom read-aloud, perhaps reading a block a day in two or three shorter sessions.  I will set that reading goal for myself, too.

It's Monday, and I'm reading a book about friendship.  Are their fictional friends you've grown to admire?  What makes their friendship special?

No comments:

Post a Comment