Monday, November 2, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

One of my favorite phrases is "book coma", and I haven't experienced it in a long time--until yesterday.  I finally sat down to finish Shannon Messenger's Keeper of the Lost Cities, and found myself polishing off the last three hundred pages of this four hundred eighty-eight page book!  (I might have been avoiding cleaning, too...)  Now I can truly understand why my students love this fantasy series.  It's got magic, fairies along with their fairy land, intrigue--and school drama that any middle grader can relate to, with friendships and rivals and dreaded classes.  This first book in the series had a satisfying ending, but definitely left enough loose ends to prompt readers to continue on to the next novel.


I don't usually post twice about the same book; I want to be honest about my reading life.  I am a slow-reading librarian, and this pandemic has altered my attention span even more--and I'm not the only one with this complaint.  I've talked about this with other adults, and several of them mentioned how hard it was to concentrate on reading books lately.  We're not sure if it's due to increased screen time or other details of COVID19 restrictions and changes, but we're feeling the negative effect on our attention span.  So if you're having trouble concentrating while reading, just know that you're not alone!

It's Monday, and I finally took the time to finish a great book!  Are there books you need to wrap up?  

No comments:

Post a Comment