Monday, October 15, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

There are all sorts of spooky and mysterious books on display in the library right now.  One of them is Lemony Snicket's The Composer is Dead:
Written with the same snarky humor as Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, this unrelated picture book is illustrated by Carson Ellis and includes a CD of music by Nathaniel Stookey.  It opens with the demise of a composer, and takes the reader on a tour of the orchestra in search of the culprit.  The instruments are questioned section by section, and we are left to solve the mystery.  Perhaps listening to the CD will help?  Fans of classical music and Snicket's unique writing style will enjoy the wordplay in this quick read.

It's Monday!  What's your favorite mystery or spooky book?

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading a book titled "The False Door" by Brett King. I think I downloaded it by accident. It is a large read, with many players described therein. It is a thriller. I thinkI have been reading it for 2 weeks and am now at about 60% complete. I want to finish it but that will be the first and last read for me by that author. Have a great day. Love Ya, Dad.

    ReplyDelete