Monday, October 1, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I am in scanning mode as a reader again, with four books going on at once.

One for pleasure:


Two for professional development:




And one more towards completing the Bluebonnet nominee list:


So in the interest of having a completed book to review, I chose an impulse buy--The Little Book of Fika: The Uplifting Daily Ritual of the Swedish Coffee Break by Lynda Balslev.

It really is a little book--just four by five inches, and not even an inch thick.  But it holds 160 pages extolling the virtues of the simple life, such as taking a break for coffee, sweets, and camaraderie.  Many of the pages are thought-provoking quotes about appreciating what you have, and others are simply fun, such as "Coffee doesn't ask silly questions.  Coffee understands." (page 46).  There are several recipes for drinks to warm the soul and sweets to tempt the tastebuds.   After reading this little book, I was convinced to delete several shopping emails and make myself a cup of herbal tea to send me off to sleep--not a bad influence for a book, I think.

Tonight, I'll get back to those four books with tasks attached.  This morning, however, I will take a moment to savor my coffee.

It's Monday!  What are you reading, and how has it influenced you?

No comments:

Post a Comment