Monday, March 27, 2023

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I had a slow reading week!  I haven't finished any of my books yet, so I'm still catching up with my March reading pile.  I have noticed a theme in the books I'm choosing--empowerment of women, with some magic and mythology thrown in the mix.  Maybe because it's Women's History Month, maybe because reading about strong women makes me feel a bit stronger myself--a bit of bibliotherapy!

We had our Spring Scholastic Book Fair last week.  It was fun to see the books our students purchased.  Dog Man, Captain Underpants, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid are still popular, as well as graphic novels and books with favorite TV show characters like "Paw Patrol" and "Gabby's Dollhouse".  Nonfiction books about dinosaurs, rocks, and animals were favorites, too.  Journals and diaries were also flying off the shelves--I hope that means lots of great writing will happen over the summer!

June may be months away, but I'm starting to think about my summer reading pile.  I know I'll be reading next year's Bluebonnet Nominees, do a little bit of professional reading, and definitely some books just for FUN!  Have you started thinking about your summer reading plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment