Monday, March 6, 2023

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I was buying a book online for the library the other day (from my own wallet) when an offer came up to purchase another hardback picture book for just five dollars.

Why not?  I added it to the cart, fully intending on donating it to the library, too, after looking it over.

Then it arrived in the mail, and I choked up as I truly looked at the title, and read the brightly illustrated pages.
I could hear my grandfather saying those exact words to me--"Go get 'em, tiger!"  That was the nickname he gave me, for reasons unknown.   As an adult, I have a hard time relating to the moniker, but as a child I must have delighted in the stuffed animals and figurines I received.

And the book?  Full of encouragement, recognizing the ebbs and flows of accomplishments and energy, with reminders to rest and play and pursue your dreams.  A great message for anyone at any age--including someone starting their fifty-eighth trip around the sun.

It's Monday, and I'm feeling inspired by a picture book!  I'll keep this one on my shelf at home and look for a vendor copy for the library.  Have you ever bought a book as a gift but then decided to keep it for yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment