Monday, February 20, 2023

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 I am hosting two student book clubs--which means I'm reading two more books:
How to Steal a Dog by Barbara O'Connor is a heart-tugging story of a family in crisis.  Georgina and her mother and brother are living in their car after being evicted from their apartment.  Georgina has an idea to help them pay for a new home...but it's a bit more complicated than she planned.

Zane and the Hurricane: A Story of Katrina is a fictional account of our not-too-distant history--the devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina and the survivors' struggles in the aftermath.  There will be lots of heart-tugging moments in this book, too!

For more personal reading this week--a friend recommended this book to me, after the loss of a grand old oak from our front yard during our recent ice storm:
It was all I could do to keep from crying as I read about Steve's similar fate.  We may not build a treehouse--most of our oak was hauled away--but I will be making use of two large logs that I just couldn't part with.

It's Monday, and it seems that sentimental and emotional books are the theme of the week!  Are you reading a book that evokes strong emotional responses?  

No comments:

Post a Comment