Monday, January 23, 2023

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 I set a reading goal of three to four books a month for 2023, to whittle away at my to-read piles as well as keep up with kidlit and professional reading.  I finished my just-for-fun book this weekend--Jim Butcher's Turncoat from the Harry Dresden series.  I was so engaged with a supernatural battle scene that I stayed up way past my bedtime last Thursday to see how it would turn out!  Butcher is also really good at wrapping up a story at the book's end...but leaving a door wide open for another book in the series.  (If you are a student reading this, remember--this series is for high school-on-up readers!)

I only have a week to wrap up my other three books:  The Art of Flying (kidlit), The Gifts of Imperfection (personal learning), and Mindful School Libraries (professional learning).  I will be increasing my daily reading time to meet my goal.  A few other books have been calling to me...it's hard sometimes to focus when there are so many good stories to read!

It's Monday, and I'm going to have to fight my scanning tendencies to focus on my monthly reading goal.  Do you get distracted by other titles?  Does it keep you from finishing books?  How does this make you feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment