Monday, March 29, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I FINALLY finished the third book in The Wrinkle in Time series by Madeleine L'Engle, and I'm moving on to the fourth of the quintet:  Many Waters


The third book, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, took some really interesting twists and turns that I had to take slowly enough to understand.  I'm hoping that I can move more quickly through the fourth book!

I've decided to dive into another professional book that's been on my to-read pile for a looooong time--The Enchanted Hour:  The Miraculous Power of Reading Aloud in the Age of Distraction by Meghan Cox Gurdon.  It seems apropos, as I've been having trouble with sustained reading during the pandemic, and I'm getting ready to launch our read-aloud Bluebonnet Book Club.

I will be reading aloud The Canyon's Edge by Dusti Bowling.  I chose this as our first book because it is also on the middle school's Lone Star reading list, so fifth graders can get a jump start on next year's reading as well.

It's Monday, and as usual, I've got three books going on at once!  What's in your reading pile these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment