Monday, February 15, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I bought myself a boxed set of "The Wrinkle in Time Quintet" from our online Scholastic Book Fair in December.  I didn't even know there were five books in the series until I purchased it!

I remember reading the first two when I was in school (elementary?  junior high?), but I don't think I got any further than that.  So this past weekend, I started from the beginning, acquainting myself once again with the Murry family, the equally misfit Calvin, and the mysterious Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which.  Maybe now that I've got a few more decades under my belt, I can wrap my mind around a tesseract.  I'm sure I'll glean a lot more social commentary from this series that was begun before I was born; already the language has me smiling.

It's Monday, and I'm revisiting an old friend of a book and hoping to finish the whole series this time.  What are you reading on this cold and snowy day?

1 comment: