Wednesday, May 20, 2020

It's Wednesday! What's happening in the Sommer Library?

A big THANK YOU to everyone who dropped off your library and classroom books during supply pick up these last three days!  It was so great to see your smiles and dogs (and even a hamster!) as you drove by.  If you didn't drop off your books, no worries; you can return them when we return to school.

This week's library slide deck is all about summer reading!  Click on the picture below for Ms Margocs' summer reading lesson:

And here's the link to our district's brand new summer reading website! (Click on the picture!)

You can download the district Beach Blanket Bingo reading sheet from either the presentation or the website!  Remember, even reading four or five books during the summer can help beat the summer slide.

Important news about reading programs:  
  • If you participated in the Six Flags Read to Succeed program, your parents should get an email telling you how to download your ticket at home.  Check your spam folder!
  • If you participated in the Schlitterbahn Waves of Pages program, follow the directions from the email your teachers sent to request a ticket.
This is the last Sommer Library update of the year!  Tomorrow is the official last day of school...and these are Ms Margocs' last few official days of being your Sommer Librarian.  I have been offered a position at my neighborhood campus, where my own children went to school, and I will be starting there in the fall.  I LOVE my Sommer community, and it was a very hard decision to leave a campus that has taught me to be a librarian, supporting and applauding me every step of the way.  These past seven years at Sommer have been the best experience I've had as an educator!  I am sure that your next librarian will be fabulous, and the library will continue to be a place you love to visit at Sommer.  I will be just an email away if you need anything library-related until we find out who that person will be, or if you just want to say hello.

Have a safe, healthy, and happy summer, Stallions--and keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment