Monday, May 25, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Okay, you Bluebonnet readers going into third through fifth grade at Sommer--I hope you get your hands on a copy of Nightbooks by J.A. White this summer.  I finally finished it today, and LOVED the twist near the end--didn't see it coming!  I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say you might want to brush up on your fairy tales before reading Nightbooks.  

So what's next on my reading list?  I think I'll read a grownup book--I've had lots of recommendations for The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes, a historical fiction novel about the "Packhorse Librarians of Kentucky".  
The Giver of Stars: A Novel by [Jojo Moyes]

A kid equivalent of this book would be one of my favorite picture books, gifted to me when I graduated with my library degree:  That Book Woman, by Heather Henson.
I think I may pull it off my shelf and have a quick read before jumping into my novel!

It's Monday, and I'm reading librarian-related stories this week.  What's in your summer reading pile?  I'll share mine next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment