Monday, December 9, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I read a brand new holiday picture book in my collection!
There are lots of books about the origin of Santa Claus, and I am a fan of the Rudolph tale...but this story is post-St. Nicholas, pre-Rudolph.  This book answers the question you may not know you had--"Just how did Santa come by those flying reindeer, anyway?"

The hushed, nighttime-toned pictures of Matt Tavares' Dasher make this a wonderful Christmas bedtime story.  It has the slightest bit of adventure to hold interest, and ends with happy sigh.  You may just want to peek out at the North Star before traveling to dreamland on a sleigh pulled by eight lovely reindeer.

It's Monday, and I'm still buying Christmas picture books for my collection...even though my children are grown!  What holiday reading is on your list today?

No comments:

Post a Comment