Monday, December 16, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?

It's the last week of school before Winter Break, so we will be reading by the fire in the library!  A YouTube fire, that is...

Last week, I was honored to be the Mystery Reader for Mrs. Solis' class of third graders.  I brought a Hanukkah book to share:
Simon is traveling to America on a ship that hits an iceberg and sinks (my students love anything and everything Titanic-related).  He gives up his place in a lifeboat to a father, jumps off the ship as it goes down, and lands on an iceberg.  What happens next are truly Hanukkah miracles.

I may share Simon and the Bear with a few more classes, but I also have some other choices for the week:
All of the "Bruce" books are hilarious!
Bridget Heos is visiting our first graders in January!
For my PPCD students!
My older classes loved "Auntie Claus" last year...here's the sequel.


It's Monday, and we're beginning a week of picture book reading by the YouTube fireplace.  What stories are putting you in the holiday spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment