Monday, September 23, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Today is the autumnal equinox--the first day of fall!  Even though the temperatures here in Texas don't feel very fall-like, we can pretend by looking at our favorite fall books.

One book that seems to get checked out over and over again in our library is Fall is Not Easy, by Marty Kelly.
This poor tree knows its leaves are supposed to change...but into what?  A happy face?  A rainbow?  The story makes everyone smile!

Looking at the fall section of my home bookshelves, I came across this oldie-but-goodie:
I have this first edition copy, published the year after I was born!  The TV special aired when I was just seven months old.  If "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is one of your children's favorite fall TV traditions, there are several newer editions of the book available to share.  

It's the first day of fall!  What are your favorite seasonal read-alouds?

No comments:

Post a Comment