Monday, September 2, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading?

If a book has the word "library" in the title, I'm apt to pick it up; occupational interest, I suppose.  This was on the review table at our librarians' meeting--how could I resist?
The Library of Ever by Zeno Alexander opens with a description of Lenora, the main character. The bored daughter of wealthy parents, she manages to slip away from her nanny in the library.  Her search for the children's section leads her to a completely different kind of library, one which has a job opening for a new librarian.  But is Lenora up for the task?  

I'm a few chapters into The Library of Ever, and already I've met suspicious characters in bowler hats, a time-traveling robot, and I'm a bit worried about Lenora as she tries to navigate a traveling balloon.  Her library is a tad more exciting than our own stacks at school!  This book is a fun, light fantasy choice for upper primary to middle grade readers.

It's Monday--do you read books about your past, present, or future careers?  Do you prefer fact or fiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment