Monday, February 26, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I looked at the reading pile next to my bed last night, and shook my head.  I have started four different books in the last two months that I am still reading.  Three of them are for personal growth, each on a different topic--finances, productivity, and emotional well-being.  Maybe I should be reading one on task completion....



For work, I'm reading I Am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education and Changed the World (Young Readers Edition) alongside my fifth grade girls' Book Lunch Bunch.
Malala Yousafzai begins by describing her everyday life in Swat, Pakistan--sibling rivalry and games, secrets with her best friend, pride over her academic accomplishments, all the while aware that there are societal norms working against her dreams of education and equality.  She leads us up to the fateful day on the school bus when she was shot by Taliban extremists, dwelling only briefly on the event and then focusing on her relocation, recovery, and the continuation of her efforts to promote education for girls worldwide.  Patricia McCormick has skillfully taken a gruesome, tough story and helped Malala retell it for a middle grade audience. 

It's Monday, and I'm working on book completion!  Have you ever read more than one book at a time?  How do you make sure you take the time to complete them?

No comments:

Post a Comment