Monday, February 12, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I have no business buying new books for myself.  There is a mountain range of to-read books piled in several peaks at my house.

But I got pulled in by the cover.  I had to read the dust jacket summary.  Ghosts and children who can see them, set in Nantucket, a place I long to visit.  I picked up the book twice and set it down, before finally placing it in my to-buy pile.

Book fairs are dangerous for librarians' purses, too!

I'm ten short chapters in, and already captivated by the characters in this book.  I'm intrigued by the elders' and children's openness to and acceptance of the spirits that possess Nantucket's old houses.  Creaking floorboards and flickering lights are a part of everyday life for them, while the parents shush away any such talk.  But the ghosts are in trouble, and may need every living being on the island to help save their homes.

It's Monday! What did you find at our Spring Scholastic Book Fair to read this past weekend?  This one had me reading past my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment