Monday, October 30, 2017

It's Monday! Where are you reading?

My husband and I went downtown yesterday to visit the new central location for the Austin Public Library!
We parked in the Seaholm garage, then walked over to the back entry of the building; it's impressive, even at this angle.

After standing in line to get my library card (I usually frequent the Cedar Park Library during summers, but thought I'd expand my horizons!), we explored the five floors of this newly-opened branch. I bumped into a high school friend who's worked for APL for decades, and we chatted with a librarian in the teen section about the beautiful, purposeful spaces and furniture.  I took lots of pictures for future reference, in case our school library gets a remodel someday!













 The view from the library windows and porches was beautiful as well!





We were glad to find parking in Seaholm, because the library parking was full!  Austin Public Library was the place to be this weekend!
It's Monday!  Where do you like to find great books, and where do you like to read them?

No comments:

Post a Comment