Monday, October 16, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Fall blew into Austin this weekend!  Chilly mornings, temperatures below 85 degrees in the afternoon, and the telltale sign of leaves littering our lawns bring welcome respite from the heat of summer.

I have been shying away from cooking these last few months; the thought of turning on a stove after getting into my hot car at the end of a workday just wasn't appealing.  The sound of the leaves skittering across the patio, and a walk on the hike and bike breathing cool air inspired me to break out my cookbooks and plan some meals for the months ahead.
I pored over these cookbooks, and a couple more, for hours this weekend.  My eyes were drawn to the recipes I had starred and  the notes I had written about substituting ingredients, changes in cookware and oven temps.  Soups and stews and baked goods found their way onto my menu templates.
Cookbook reading is a fundamental procedural text skill, and menu planning is the yummiest reader's response I know!

It's Monday; what are your favorite cookbooks?

No comments:

Post a Comment