Monday, May 1, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I decided to challenge myself this week with our Book Nook read-aloud:
Flutter and Hum/ Aleteo y Zumbido by Julie Paschkis (yes, the same Paschkis who wrote P. Zonka Lays An Egg) is a book of animal poems written in English AND Spanish.  I am not a fluent Spanish speaker, but my accent is decent enough for a read-aloud.  Luckily, I have a few Spanish-speaking students on campus who will let me know if my reading is believable.  The illustrations are gorgeous, and this ties in nicely with the wrapping up of April's National Poetry Month and the animal units several grades just finished.

I am still working on Barnhill's The Girl Who Drank the Moon, and Pink's A Whole New Mind; hoping to finish those this week!  I'm starting to think about my summer reading pile; what will you be adding to your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment