It was great to see your smiling and sleepy faces on the first day of school yesterday. Thanks for the warm hugs!
This week, Mrs. Woodul and I are busy taking library/lunch card photos, finalizing the schedule, getting books and materials for your teachers, and preparing the library for you! We will start our regular library visits next week:
- Every class has a library time each week!
- Kindergarteners will get read-aloud storytime every week, and can check out one book at a time.
- First and second graders get storytime or a lesson every other week. They can check out two books at a time.
- Third and fourth graders get a lesson every other week, and can check out two books at a time.
- Fifth graders get a lesson every other week, and can check out THREE books at a time!
Of course, if you are doing a special project for school, you can check out more books to help you with your research.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be learning about and practicing our library skills, to help you find the best books to read and keep our library a fun place to visit.
We are going to have fun in the library this year! Looking forward to seeing you in the stacks soon!