Monday, March 28, 2016

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I have been a slooowwww reader this past week.  For some reason, the time change has hit me harder this year, and I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open once I sit down to read!  It certainly can't be the books, because I am a third of the way into Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan, and the first story of four in the book had me holding my breath! I didn't get a chance to slip into book coma over spring break, so I'm reading it a couple of chapters at a time.

My lunch bunch book club that likes to read mysteries chose The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart as their next book.   I've got about a month to read that one.

The realistic-fiction loving book club was split; some chose Hatchet by Gary Paulsen for their next read:

and the rest chose Karen Hesse's Out of the Dust:

The latter has been on my to-read pile for a long time; it's good to have a deadline to move it to the top!

I have a LOT of reading to do over the next month!  What are you reading with your students these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment