Friday, April 10, 2015

Spoilers

By this time next week, I will be waking up to my fourth day of the Texas Library Association's annual conference.  My brain will be buzzing with new skills and ideas for the library.  Digital storytelling, traditional storytelling, educational apps, and promoting books will have been covered.  I will have painted a lovely picture with my SHSU alumni, and will be happily anticipating the Children's Round Table breakfast on Friday morning with Chris Van Allsburg (of Polar Express and Jumanji fame).  My book fairs will be tentatively scheduled for next school year, and another Bluebonnet Luncheon will be a happy memory. There may even be a signed book or two in my possession.

Some time this weekend will be spent reviewing the train schedule and the breakout sessions I have chosen.  All-important lunch venues will be perused, and time will be allotted for walking the exhibit hall.

Come next Tuesday, this teacher-librarian will switch into full-on learner mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment