Monday, December 5, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Cooking and baking are among my favorite holiday activities--so I've been reading recipes this past week!
I'm a fan of Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, and picked up a few more this fall.  Modern Kitchen: Old Fashioned Flavor has recipes to use with appliances like slow cookers and electric pressure cookers.  I made a new-to-me pork chop dinner in my Instant Pot this weekend that turned out great!

I began my first big round of cookie baking this weekend using several of my favorite cookbooks:
Southern Living's Incredible Cookies --the gingerbread recipe makes hundreds of mini gingerboys.

Penny's no-chill sugar cookie roll-and-cut recipe from Cookie Stories is a DREAM to work with!

Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 1981 edition, is my go-to for spritz cookies--I make green trees with sprinkles.

Last night, I tried a new recipe--Chocolate Peppermint Drops--from another Gooseberry Patch cookbook, Christmas Cookie Jar.

It's Monday, and I'm reading recipes these days!  What do you like to cook during the holidays?  Where do you find your favorite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment