Monday, November 28, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

The holiday season has begun, so I pulled a timely book from my to-read pile!
I loved Matt Haig's The Midnight Library, and didn't make the connection with The Girl Who Saved Christmas until this past week, when I saw the books side by side on my coffee table.  The latter is more for children, and reminds me of a Christmas Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Like Charlie, Amelia comes from dire straits, yet maintains an innocent spirit and pluck that sees her through.  Throw in a crisis at the North Pole involving a lack of hope and some ugly trolls, and you've got a wonderful bedtime read-aloud to start now and finish up on Christmas Eve.

It's Monday, and I'm reading a new-to-me Christmas novel.  What seasonal books have you pulled from your library at home or at school?  

No comments:

Post a Comment