Monday, October 31, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I must confess that the bulk of my reading last week was procedural and work-related--instructions for filling out financial and insurance paperwork, emails, and book-related blog posts while I was on the hunt for just-right books for teacher requests.  I did pick up an abandoned book or two and tried to dive back in, but I had a hard time getting "lost" in the stories.

Why am I writing about this instead of another wonderful book?  Two reasons:

1)  We get into reading slumps, and that's okay.
2)  We need to remember just how much "environmental" reading we--and our students--do on a daily and weekly basis.  Celebrate that reading, too!

I will try those abandoned books again at bedtime; if my concentration wanders, I have a backup book of shorter stories to read.  (Remember, one of the signs of a good reader is always having a "to-read" pile at hand!)

It's Monday, and I struggled to read a chapter book last week.  What do you do to get through reading slumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment