Monday, October 10, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 Anyone within earshot of me last week could tell I was under the weather--I completely lost my voice by Tuesday afternoon!  Instead of coming home to read and relax, I came home to collapse, tired from coughing all night.

All that is to say--I didn't get a lot of reading done.  But I'm on the mend now, and picking up a re-read that I need to do for some librarian homework--Willodeen, one of our Bluebonnet Award Nominees.  
Willodeen was a late summer read for me, so I definitely need to revisit it for my homework.  I'm already making connections with details I skimmed over the first time--the dedication to Mother Earth, and the opening quote by Greta Thunberg, for instance:  "I have learned you are never too small to make a difference."  They make more sense now, remembering the strong ecological, conservationist message Applegate skillfully weaves into the story.  I'm also thankful for the short chapters--perfect for my stunted attention span as I get over this illness.

It's Monday, and I'm reading a book for the second time and looking forward to new noticings as I go along.  Do you reread books often?  If so, what do you get from the repetition?

1 comment:

  1. Close to finishing the Di Vinci Code. An exciting story after which Kathie & I will watch the movie. I hope you are feeling better. I was worried about ya. COVID seems to be able to attack differently each time. I was praying you weren't getting it. Annual Medicare Review for me today. Previous reviews have been me answering questions to

    ReplyDelete