Monday, April 11, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I read a grown-up book last week, picked up from the book swap at our most recent librarians' meeting:

The Lost Apothecary is one of those stories that goes back and forth from past to present, leading the reader to glean the threads that start to weave the two parallel plots together.  I read every page for the first half of the book, then had to scan the following chapters because I was in a hurry to see what would happen next--and it was way past my bedtime!  I love stories about the beginnings of medicine pulled from ancient wisdom, and the power of women who use that knowledge to help others.  The modern day half of the plot shows how easily one can fall under the spell of gaslighting in the guise of love.

It's Monday, and I scanned a book to hurry to the end! Have you ever done that with a really good story?

No comments:

Post a Comment