Monday, December 14, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

My husband and I stayed in a little house in the woods this weekend, and it was stocked with a little library!

I skimmed through the how-to book on relaxing, noted the title of Getting Away to buy my own copy, and then read this Japanese folk tale that is similar to the Thumbelina story I grew up with:

Issun Boshi is the One-Inch Boy, loved by his parents, but with the universal urge to strike his own path when he grows up--still one inch tall as heads out into the world with his rice bowl and needle.  He encounters love and adventure in this tale with a happy ending. 

I was unfamiliar with the Little Gestalten imprint, but now am smitten with the illustrations and gorgeous binding.  I think I'll be adding a few of these books to my personal home library!

It's Monday, and I enjoyed a beautifully illustrated Japanese folk tale this weekend.  I'll be reading holiday and winter books all week for our first ever AME Read-Aloud Marathon!  What will you be reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment