Monday, December 7, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 Winter winds are starting to blow, and it's been a tough year for all of us, so I tucked myself into bed last night with a grown-up book about taking care of ourselves--Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times, by Katherine May.

Katherine May begins by discussing milestone birthdays and the personal circumstances surrounding them--her husband's medical emergency, her decision to leave her job, depression, undiagnosed autism.  Her tone is matter-of-fact but not condescending.  By opening up about her troubles, she is inviting us to take stock of our own personal winters, and I am looking forward to reading more about the self-care that helped her weather those difficulties. 

I promised I'd share more holiday reading from our school library, so here are a few more suggestions:





I hope you have some favorite winter and holiday reading in your to-read pile!  

It's Monday, and I'm reading about self-care.  What is your favorite book that reminds you how to weather tough times?

No comments:

Post a Comment