Monday, April 20, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Did any of you pick up a superhero book last week, Stallion Readers?  I finished Ikenga, the ARC I received from Penguin/ Random House, and really liked it!  The author, Nnedi Okorafor, definitely left the ending open for more books about this Nigerian teenager as he learns to control and use his newfound superpowers. 
Ikenga by [Nnedi Okorafor]


I revisited one of my children's picture books with some friends last week:

Look Out for the Big Bad Fish!  by Sheridan Cain was published when my son was born (twenty-two years ago!), but it is just as much fun to read today.  Tadpole really wants to be able to jump like his friends the grasshopper, rabbit, and lamb...but all he can do is swim!  Will he ever be able to jump and get away from the big, bad fish?  You'll have to look at the pictures closely to see what happens to Tadpole!

I am really enjoying seeing the pictures on our school Facebook page of some of our readers!  I noticed some favorite series in there:  Keeper of the Lost Cities, Ivy and Bean, Fly Guy.  I am glad you are still having fun reading--so am I!  Remember you can access our ebooks online through your research resources page--and you can always email me for book suggestions.   Keep reading, Stallions!

No comments:

Post a Comment