Monday, November 12, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Our fifth grade Book Lunch Bunch clubs are up and running, and so my reading list has grown to include their group books.  I am currently reading along with our girls' group:
I enjoyed DiCamillo's Because of Winn-Dixie and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, but it's been years since I've read those.  I had forgotten how easy DiCamillo's prose rolls before my eyes, her expert storytelling pulling me along from page to page as it does once again in Flora & Ulysses.  Campbell's illustrations are fun punctuations to this unusual narrative about a girl who loves to read comics and a squirrel who escapes death and becomes imbued with special powers.

If you're looking for an amusing book with quirky characters about the power of friendship and reading, take a peek at Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo.  It's Monday; what books are you reading to lighten your mood and outlook?

No comments:

Post a Comment