Monday, August 28, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

We've had a REALLY wet weekend here in central and east Texas.  

Our part of town was lucky; we aren't in a floodplain, and our power only blinked once.  I have friends in town who have been without power for a full day, and friends in Houston who can't leave because they are surrounded by water.

When I wasn't busy checking weather reports and Facebook updates, I got some reading done!  I'm still trying to finish up this year's Bluebonnet Award nominees; can check off The Last Kids on Earth by Max Braillier (it was really funny!) and reread Whoosh! by Chris Barton--love Don Tate's illustrations!

After a summer of much-less-reading than usual, I am working on rebuilding my reading stamina.  I'm glad the rain pushed me to indulge in some great books this weekend!

It's Monday; what did you read during our wet and windy weekend here in Texas?

No comments:

Post a Comment