Monday, August 7, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Good morning, Readers!  I'm up way before dawn today, because librarians are back on the job on this wet, thundering morning.  We have to get our libraries ready for our teachers' return on Thursday, and our students' first day of school on August 22nd.  I hope my learning community is ready to share their summer reading and explore new books with me this year!

Speaking of summer reading...I am waaaayyyy behind this year.  A lot of my summer reading has been procedural, taking care of family medical needs and college preparations for my son.  So now I am in a scramble to catch up a bit!  My current book is a Bluebonnet Award Nominee:
The Last Kids on Earth is a first person zombie-and-monster apocalyptic narrative by Max Brallier, heavily illustrated by Douglas Holgate.  Thirteen-year-old Jack Sullivan, a foster kid used to dealing with trouble, tackles the new threats in his life like he's taking on a video game.  Jack's sense of humor and honesty about his failures and teenage insecurities will have you giggling as you read about his adventures with flesh-eating zombies and CVS (yes, the drugstore)-crushing monsters.

It's Monday; what's on your reading pile for this wet week ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment