Monday, March 27, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I've been reading a new-to-me cookbook this week!
I'm trying to incorporate more plants into my diet; this cookbook was recommended by some vegetarian friends, so I thought I'd give it a try.  Lots of recipes sound really yummy, but several ingredients are foreign to our pantry.  I'm going to commit to making a couple of dishes this weekend that incorporate one unfamiliar ingredient.

I have a large collection of cookbooks, thanks to inheriting some from my mother and collecting even more over the past two decades.  I especially love the compiled cookbooks from church groups and organizations.  When perusing for them in used bookstores, I feel like I've struck gold when I find a cookbook filled with handwritten notes off to the side.  When I've modified a recipe or found one that my family really liked (or didn't!), I write notes in my cookbooks.  I hope my children and grandchildren will read my notes when they inherit the cookbooks and remember good meals around our dining table.

I don't usually write in my books, but cookbooks are always an exception!  Are there books you've loved so much that you had to annotate in the margins? (Not library books, of course!)  Share them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment