Monday, October 19, 2015

It's Monday! What are you reading?



If my workday alarm was not set so early, and I didn't have an author visit to host this morning, I would have stayed up to finish I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest.

Part mystery, part fantasy/webcomic--May and Trick are taking me on a suspenseful hunt for May's friend and co-creator of Princess X, Libby.  Libby supposedly died in a car crash with her mother three years ago, but the appearance of the princess around Seattle and on the web leads May to think otherwise.  Trick, a teenage hacker who's trying to get his life back on track after his college scholarship falls through, is helping May navigate the internet clues in cyberspace and on foot.

I bought this book to read and share with my own young adult daughter and son, who will appreciate the references to our modern internet culture (Reddit, Tumblr, Gchat, and other social media sites are woven into the story).  They'll also like the Princess X comics, stand-alone chapters between those with text , allowing us to figure out what really happened to Libby along with May and Trick.

I'll be staying up late to finish this book tonight; what will you be reading at bedtime?

No comments:

Post a Comment