Monday, August 22, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 One of the benefits of covering a specials rotation is having time to read...I mean, model reading (wink, wink)...while the class reads.  I pulled this book from our back-to-school display today:
What's for Lunch?  How Schoolchildren Eat Around the World by Andrea Curtis is a fascinating book!  Not only does it have photographs of typical school lunches from around the world, but it gives the background behind the dishes and the country's stance on nutrition--or the lack thereof.  This is not just a simple peek behind the curtain to compare food; the author includes several examples of 'nutrition activism', raising the awareness of the importance of healthy food in children's growth and development.

I'm still working through the fourth book of the Harry Potter series, and paused to read the grownup graphic novel The Sandman by Neil Gaiman, before I venture over to the Netflix series.  I've also been reading cookbooks as I plan my menus for the next few months.

It's Monday, and I'm still reading several books at the same time!  Do you ever do that?  How do you keep the stories straight in your mind?  I choose different genres to help me keep track.

No comments:

Post a Comment