Monday, December 13, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 We celebrate Christmas in our house, and with only eleven days to go, it seems like the to-do list keeps getting longer and longer with tighter and tighter deadlines.  There are school tasks that have to be done by the end of the week before Winter Break starts, and there are home tasks like baking and shopping and mailing gifts by December 21st.  

In other words, I need this book right now.

Calm Christmas and a Happy New Year: A Little Book of Festive Joy by Beth Kempton is a quiet place to be in the midst of the holiday hubbub.  It's a small, unintimidating book that is perfect for bedtime reading, soothing my frazzled holiday nerves and reminding me that I don't have to do everything--just the things that bring me joy. 

It's Monday, and I'm reading a different kind of Christmas book this week.  What are you reading that makes you feel peaceful and ready to celebrate the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment