Monday, June 7, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 As promised in the last post...here is my summer reading pile, or some of it, at least!
Some of these are books that have been on my reading pile for a long, long time--I am bound and determined to read them this summer!  The majority of the kidlit is from the 21-22 Bluebonnet Nominee list, so I can get a headstart for the coming school year.  I am planning on finishing The Enchanted Hour this week, and read through A Hatful of Dragons yesterday--that is a fun book of poetry that I will be recommending for all sorts of reasons to my 3rd through 5th grade teachers this year (vocabulary, foreshadowing, clever art/page work).

Because most of these books are being read with work and learning in mind, I am planning on throwing another book or two onto the pile that will be "mind candy"--just for fun.  And I do have a professional book or two in the wings to kickstart next school year.  I'm finding that I prefer reading nonfiction in the morning, and ending my day with fiction.  

I've got my summer reading plans pinned down and piled up!  What are you reading now, and what will be your next book to read this summer?  Do you have a pile of books as well?  If so, share a picture of it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment