Monday, September 7, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 Well, 'Dillo readers, it is Monday...and I have no new books to report.  I am still working on the last three I picked up--Echo MountainThey Call Me Güero: A Border Kid's Poems, and The Everything I Have Lost.  Seems I have bitten off more than I can chew at the moment!  

This is a good time to remember that reading isn't just something we do with books.  We read words in all sorts of ways:

  • cooking directions on food containers
  • emails
  • blogs (you're reading now, right?)
  • text messages
  • medicine bottles
  • Facebook and Twitter posts
  • shopping signs and websites
  • road signs
  • weather reports
  • video game chats and narration
  • captioned commercials
  • washing instructions on clothes tags.
I came up with a dozen ways we read; can you add some more?  This is why learning to read, and to do it well, is so important--we use reading every day!

It's Monday, and I'm still working through three different books--have you ever taken a long time to finish a book?  Do you think about all the reading you do every day besides books?
100 pcs White Woven Clothing Labels Care Label  100% Cotton image 0

No comments:

Post a Comment