Monday, June 22, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading?

I have been reading more "adult" books this week than kidlit.  I FINALLY got around to finishing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  Yes, I know I'm late to this party; I bought the book back in April 2018, read the first two chapters...then I'm sure the end-of-year school chaos ensued.  I'm so glad I picked it up and finished it; the story brought a much-needed smile to my face, as did the ending to Bernice Buttman, Model Citizen by Niki Lenz, just like I predicted last week.


I am currently still making my way through Ibram X. Kendi's How to Be An Antiracist for our district book study, and finishing up Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling. 

What's up next?  My annual re-read of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's Gift from the Sea.  It will be interesting to see what connections I make this year, given the text on racism, socioeconomics, and disability I've been reading.

It's Monday, and I'm visiting old and new books this week!  What's on your reading pile?  Are you visiting any old favorites?  

No comments:

Post a Comment