Monday, March 9, 2020

It's Monday! What are you reading? Book Fair Edition!

We will be wrapping up our Spring Scholastic Book Fair at noon today.  I had a moment on Saturday to make my own purchases, and these are the books I brought home:

         

        

New Kid, Charlie Hernandez & the League of Shadows, and Nightbooks are all on the 20-21 Bluebonnet Award Nominees list.  Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus has been getting some buzz on blogs I've been reading.  Artemis Fowl is one of my favorite fantasy book series.  Here in the Real World and Things Seen from Above just looked interesting, and White Teeth got put on my pile so that I could have some "grownup" reading to do.

I stretched out on the couch and read the Artemis Fowl graphic novel yesterday afternoon.  It did not disappoint!  It's been years since I read the series (I even have it on my shelf at home), but the graphic novel took me right back to the criminal genius of twelve-year-old Artemis and his dealings with the Irish underground--not a mob of human gangsters, but the subterranean world of fairies and trolls and gnomes, much more sophisticated these days than in Celtic folklore. 

It's Monday, and I did my part to support my library program by buying books to read!  I hope you do the same at your school's book fairs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment